Highlighted

Co-op ARD Bicycles - can I still get different parts if you no longer make it?

What happened to the Co-op ARD line of bikes?  I bought a 1.3 a couple of years ago and am wondering if there are any gravel or tubeless rims/tires that fit it.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Co-op ARD Bicycles - can I still get different parts if you no longer make it?

Hey there @Flen!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!  I personally own an ARD as well and was initially bummed that we stopped making them.  With that being said the Co-Op ADV has the same great frame but with gravel components.  It sounds like this is what you are hoping to accomplish with your ARD.

Good news is that the wheels are tubeless ready.  They will accommodate a max 700c x 35mm tire.  I would recommend checking out the  Teravail Cannonball Tire as a great tubeless gravel option!

Thanks again for reaching out to us!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Co-op ARD Bicycles - can I still get different parts if you no longer make it?

@REI-AlyS AlyS- Thanks for your reply. You noted that the frame will accommodate a max 700c x 35mm tire and recommended checking out the  Teravail Cannonball Tire

Unfortunately, it looks like the Teravail only comes in a 38mm and 42mm size. Is there anything that is a little smaller?  Thanks, Russell

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Flen!

I rode an ARD 1.4 for a couple years, and really enjoyed the Donnelly X'Plor USH tire for mixed surface riding. It's a snug fit at 35mm, but I never experienced any clearance issues. The only downside to this particular tire is that while it is good on gravel, it is not tubeless compatible. I put almost a thousand miles on those tires with a mix of pavement and gravel, and was always impressed with how they handled whatever I threw at it.

As our stores reopen to the public, our bike shops will have the ability to place special orders for customers again. Donnelly does make that same tire in a 32mm width that is tubeless compatible, but the shop at your local REI would have to special order it. If that's an option that you're interested in, you can always check your local store page for it's current status. 

Great questions, @Flen! Happy riding!

Highlighted

@Flen 

Sorry about that, my mistake! @REI-IanE made a great recommendation! In addition here is a link where the Teravail Cannonball can be purchased outside of REI.

Featured
Top liked members