Highlighted

Can I use wider tires on DRT 1.2?

Anyone know if the DRT 1.2 can use 2.8 inch tires? I know it comes with 2.4 inch but like wider tires and the color looks great. 

thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can I use wider tires on DRT 1.2?

Hey there @Crider!

The answer to your questions lies with the rim size. The DRT 1.2 has ST i25. rims. The “i” here stands for inner rim width and the number, in this case “25” is the width in mm. 

Check out this WTB rim chart  which will help you make your decision. You will see which tire widths are optimal vs which ones are compatible. In your case the chart indicates that while a 2.8” tire is compatible, it is not optimal. 

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Crider if you don't get advice back from another community member, feel free to email our REI bike techs at cyclinghelp@rei.com for an answer to this question!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there @Crider!

The answer to your questions lies with the rim size. The DRT 1.2 has ST i25. rims. The “i” here stands for inner rim width and the number, in this case “25” is the width in mm. 

Check out this WTB rim chart  which will help you make your decision. You will see which tire widths are optimal vs which ones are compatible. In your case the chart indicates that while a 2.8” tire is compatible, it is not optimal. 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Nice! Thanks for that AlyS!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Featured