Highlighted

Bike-wrenchin' school

Yee-Haw!  I'm on my way to Barnett Bicycle Insitute for the Bike Assembly and Mainenance course!

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn

Re: Bike-wrenchin' school

That's awesome Tom! Barnett's is where all of our Certified and Master Technicians are trained. They are a top quality outfit. Have fun!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.

@TomIrvine,

Enjoy your time at Barnett's. I had a great time there and really appreciated the value of their curriculum. They are great folks and so knowledgeable. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.

It was a great course!  I have been tinkering with bikes for over 40 years, but there were a lot of gaps in my knowledge and technique.  Barnett helped fill in those areas.  I can now true and dish a wheel with authority and I learned about better techniques to make adjustments and repairs on bearings and components that I already knew a little about. Better technique, better efficiency, better quality workmanship - and a truly awesome manual.

And I got two offers of employment at bikeshops, even though being a bike-mechanic was something I was kinda reserving for retirement.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn