Highlighted

Bicycle Maintenance Checklist

Wondering if anyone has a bicycle maintenance checklist to use at home for getting bicycles ready for riding?   I have two Townie 21Ds.   I appreciate any advice.   😀

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bicycle Maintenance Checklist

Hello @Joe !

We actually have a pretty great video and resource page found here: Bicycle Maintenance 
I typically use the ol' ABCQ quick check before every ride:
A: Air, make sure there is proper air inflation in the tires (psi recommendations are found on the sidewalls)
B: Brake, ensure that brakes stop bike by pressing front brake and pushing bike forward, then rear brake, making sure bike stops
C: Chain, check that chain is on, lubed & ready to go. Typically doing a quick pedal before your ride to make sure you are in a gear and run through gears while pedaling to make sure chain derails between gears smoothly
Q: Quick release (or thru axle), make sure wheels are on, and quick release and thru axle are tight & installed properly before going on a ride.

The video and page I linked above have some other helpful tips to get you going!
Hope this helps out & have fun!
Best,

J

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Hello @Joe !

We actually have a pretty great video and resource page found here: Bicycle Maintenance 
I typically use the ol' ABCQ quick check before every ride:
A: Air, make sure there is proper air inflation in the tires (psi recommendations are found on the sidewalls)
B: Brake, ensure that brakes stop bike by pressing front brake and pushing bike forward, then rear brake, making sure bike stops
C: Chain, check that chain is on, lubed & ready to go. Typically doing a quick pedal before your ride to make sure you are in a gear and run through gears while pedaling to make sure chain derails between gears smoothly
Q: Quick release (or thru axle), make sure wheels are on, and quick release and thru axle are tight & installed properly before going on a ride.

The video and page I linked above have some other helpful tips to get you going!
Hope this helps out & have fun!
Best,

J

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

@Joe The link suggested by the JacintaH is the best but one thing to keep in mind is that the chain falls off while riding bikes. This can often be a problem, so the checklist will be the top priority. Make sure the bike chain is OK. This article will help you how to tighten a bike chain

Highlighted

Thanks!

Featured