Highlighted

Bicycle chain locks

I am confused by REI's product name and tech specs for bicycle ABUS chain locks.  You have 2 ABUS chain locks for sale, both called Granit CityChain 1010 with lengths 32" and 42".  On ABUS web site, they have nothing by that name.  They have CityChain 1010 at 9 cm thickness and also Granit CityChain XPlus 1060 at 10 cm.  Which level is REI selling? Also, your 2 weights do not match ABUS weights.  You list the 32" at 5 lb 2.9 oz and the 42" at 5 lb 4.7 oz - that is only 1.8 oz difference with a 10" longer length.  Please advise your corrections - name, thickness and weights - so I can make a confident purchase decision.  Thank you.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Bicycle chain locks

@JEB Thanks for reaching out and I apologize for the confusion!

I am going to check in with our buying team just to confirm that our stats (and name) are incorrect on the website. It certainly appears as though we added 'Granit' to the CityChain 1010 and then used the incorrect weights. Based on what I can see the Granit XPlus CityChain 1060 on REI.com is the same as the one listed on ABUS website. It appears the issue is only for the CityChain 1010. It may take a few days as today is a holiday but I will update you as soon as I can.

Thanks for the head's up, have a great day!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks John.  The issue is with CityChain 1010, both sizes - to confirm name, specs and weights.  When I had done a Product Comparison the errors were obvious.  ABUS Granit models are separate, offering a higher level of security,  thickness and weight.  JEB

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JEB You're welcome and thank you again for bringing it to our attention!

I've got an e-mail out to our product copy team as well as a message to our ABUS vendor rep. Hopefully I'll have the info for you soon and we'll get the specs and name fixed as well. Thank you for your patience!

John

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JEB Thank you for your patience!

I just spoke with our ABUS rep and got some clarification for your questions. The product we have listed as the Granit CityChain 1010 on REI.com is the same as the CityChain 1010 listed on the ABUS website. The CityChain 1010 does meet the 'Granit' qualifications of security standards for ABUS, they just don't list it in the name. It does look like we used the incorrect weights in the specs for the CityChain 1010. So the correct weights are:

CityChain 1010 2'8":  4lbs, 1.12 oz

CityChain 1010 3'6":  4.bs, 13.6 oz

For a difference of 12.34 oz between the two.

I'll get the correct info over to our copy team and we'll have that updated as soon as we can. I hope this helps, thank you!

John

0 Likes
Featured