Highlighted

Best women's bike for recreational use

I currently have a 1970s cruiser bike and definitely need an upgrade.  I recently purchased the Co-op CTY 1.2 for my partner and love how it rides, but prefer the upright stance of the cruiser. What would you recommend?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Best women's bike for recreational use

@Jkline Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, due to unprecedented demand in bikes this year, we don't have a lot of different options for you to choose from. That being said, take a look at the Electra Amsterdam Royal 8i Bike as it might just give you the blend of upright cruiser feel with the smooth rolling hybrid wheels that are similar to the CTY 1.2 you purchased for your partner. You could also look at the Electra Townie 7d Step Through Women's Bike, although, while likely an upgrade from your current bike, that is going to be more similar to the cruiser style you are currently riding.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JohnJ 

Thanks for the options. Since I'm looking for a replacement I could easily hold off until more are available. When do you expect them to be back in stock? What would you recommend once the stock is replenished? We mostly ride on pavement and typically 10-20 miles per outing. Since we're on Long Island it's pretty flat, but it would be nice to have flexibility when traveling.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Are you into road cycling? If yes I would recommend Giant Liv made for women.

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members