Highlighted

Any suggestions for mountain bike trails in north or central New Jersey?

I've been a rei member for yrs but i'm new to the board, i just purchased a DRT 2.2. I last hit trails in the early 2000's. Any beginner or intermediate trails in north or central jersey please let me know. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Any suggestions for mountain bike trails in north or central New Jersey?

@premjc Thanks for being a member and welcome to the community!

I've never been to New Jersey but I wanted to compliment you on your choice of mountain bike! The DRT 2.2 is a sweet bike! Hopefully the community can give you some ideas on where to ride, I also suggest an app like Mountian Bike Project or TrailForks.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

The advances in MTB tech in the last 20 yrs is amazing as is the amount of trails. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@premjc Thanks for being a member! I hope you're enjoying your DRT 2.2! A great place to ride in Central Jersey is Six Mile Run which is near the Delaware and Raritan Canal path in Somerset County.  Some other places to check out in Central Jersey are Round Valley Reservoir, Mercer County Park, and Allaire State Park.  If you want something more challenging, try Sourland Mountain Preserve or Allamuchy Mountain State Park.

Hope this helps get you started!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks Kevin! The six mile run area was where i last rode trails. That was almost 20yrs ago!  I will start off there and see how it goes. Thanks!!!

Highlighted

@premjc That's great! The local trail gnomes may have added some new trails since the last time you rode there. Six Mile is still fun! You might want to check with the local JORBA (Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association) chapter and people at the the Princeton REI to see if there have any recent updates for trail conditions after yesterday's storm.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members