Highlighted

Advice: Cold Weather biking clothing.

Years ago I purchased from REI a half zippered pull over.  It's made of polyester, nylon & lycra spandex.  It's been great as an insulating layer for cold weather cycling.  Is there a similar product available?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Advice: Cold Weather biking clothing.

@Ramsey Thanks for reaching out!

If we are recalling correctly, it sounds like you are referring to the REI Co-op Power Stretch Fleece Half Zip pullover. If that is the same one it should have a small zippered breast pocket and thumb holes at the end of each sleeve. You are correct that it was a great insulating layer! While that specific model is no longer produced, you should check out the REI Co-op Hyperaxis Fleece Jacket 2.0 as it is made with PowerStretch Pro fabric, just like yours. Additionally, you can see all the products REI carries made with PowerStretch here

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@Ramsey Thanks for reaching out!

If we are recalling correctly, it sounds like you are referring to the REI Co-op Power Stretch Fleece Half Zip pullover. If that is the same one it should have a small zippered breast pocket and thumb holes at the end of each sleeve. You are correct that it was a great insulating layer! While that specific model is no longer produced, you should check out the REI Co-op Hyperaxis Fleece Jacket 2.0 as it is made with PowerStretch Pro fabric, just like yours. Additionally, you can see all the products REI carries made with PowerStretch here

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Cold weather cycling clothing

A long time ago I purchased from REI a Marmot pull over half zipper top manufactured per the label 12/2014.  Made from polyester and elastane.  It has a zippered chest pocket.   I use it as a base layer when cold weather cycling.  It's very thin and lightweight and very, very  warm.  Is there something similar available now?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Ramsey 

Thank you for providing more context to the piece you are looking for. We were able to look up your purchase, it is called the Marmot Thermo 1/2 Zip and it is made with a material called Polartec Power Dry (a close relative to the Power Stretch from our first suggestion). We do carry a couple of products that contain that material, you can check them out here

It is worth noting that it looks like Marmot added some stretch (elastane) to the fabric. If that is something in particular you are looking for, we encourage you to also look at the Power Stretch fabrics mentioned in our previous post.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I already ordered the REI Co-op Hyperaxis Fleece Jacket 2.0.  The Marmot garment is the base while the Hyperaxis is meant as an outer layer.  Between the two and adding a wind breaker I was good in many weather situations.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Ramsey Perfect, thanks for the clarification!

We merged the two topics into one as they're related. Hopefully our recommendations help!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for your assistance!  I'm a bargain shopper so the jacket is hopefully half the search while the Marmot replacement is a little pricey and may have to wait. 

Featured
Top liked members