Black Friday #optoutside Litter Cleanup ideas

Since the Chicago store isn't organizing a litter cleanup event for Friday, Nov 29, I had a couple ideas to share.  Maybe it'll save others the trouble of figuring this out themselves!

1. Call the Chicago Park District volunteer office at (312) 742-4764.  The coordinator I spoke with stated they're not planning on organizing any activities during the holiday weekend, but connected me with a local park that was happy to host our group.  We're providing the person-power and materials.

2. Call the Friends of the River at (312) 939-0490 and ask for the volunteer coordinator.  The person I talked to was very helpful, connecting us with possible projects, offering advice and access to tools if needed.

I'm sure there are other worthy groups out there who could help get your team pointed in the right direction.  And don't forget the great info here on REI's site: https://www.rei.com/blog/stewardship/tips-for-hosting-your-own-cleanup

Labels (2)
Highlighted

Re: Black Friday #optoutside Litter Cleanup ideas

@JeffB thanks so much for posting these ideas/opportunities in the Chicago area! Wasn't sure if you'd seen that we have added a bunch of #OptOutside clean-up events for the upcoming weeks - they are all consolidated here! Saw this one a bit outside the city!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Featured
Other boards in this category