Highlighted

Blueridge Parkway-My Home Away From Home

The Blueridge Mountains! I mean, what can I say about this beautiful stretch of mountain ridge and valley, that can really do it justice?! I welcome all the folks that have explored this area to post your stories about this area.

For me, it was basically my backyard since I was a small child. I loved it so much that my wife and I eventually were married at the Loft Mountain Amphitheater! Such a gorgeous view of the valley and Massanutten Mountain. The picturesque view of the valley really makes you stop in your tracks and appreciate how blessed we are to have such a gorgeous place to play. 

I have hiked and backpacked many of the trails along the Blueridge Parkway/AT, but I think some of my favorite hike are the ones you can visit some great waterfalls. Of course the biggest and most extensive of them all, I would say, is Crabtree Falls. Some of my other favorites are the South River Waterfalls and the Jones Run Waterfalls. Both very easy access or short beginner hikes. 

I could go on and on, but I would love to hear about some other folks favorite places to visit/hike along the Blueridge Parkway!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Labels (1)
Featured
Other boards in this category