Highlighted

SLO! San Luis Obispo

Let's get SLO going!  I noticed it is not on your list of event cities.  With the new SLO REI now open, I am sure it is in the works, but just making sure it is on someone's radar.

With 2 colleges and an active, progressive, energetic, outdoor community, there are plenty of people to get excited about events and projects.  The new San Luis Obispo REI would be a great hub for that volunteerism and activism community!

I am willing to help!

Guy

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: SLO! San Luis Obispo

@guybah Thank you for reaching out!

We hear you and we are actively working on a new way to display locations so they're not in a super long drop-down menu. We'll add a bunch of new locations once that's done!

For events you'd like to post now that don't have a "home" board, just make sure you reference the specific location in the subject line and add the location as a label within your post! 

We are excited to be in San Luis Obispo and look forward to connecting with you in future events!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@guybah, in hindsight, I realized I wanted to add a little more personality to my first response, so here goes! I had an amazing opportunity in early October to help our new staff at our San Luis Obispo store with their footwear training; I can testify to the energy and excitement in the community! In addition to some great time spent with our team, I was also able to hike up to the Cerro San Luis Obispo Peak and enjoy amazing views of the area. I must say, I can’t wait to go back and have another breakfast sandwich at Bliss Café! I know our team at SLO is determined to make the store a hub for community engagement and inspiration! Thank you for your willingness to contribute to that.

As I mentioned in my first reply, we are working on a better way to represent local communities here in Conversations – more to come!

I hope this helps, and if you have any other suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi I would like to see some events in Slo dedicated specifically to moms for outdoors and also for families in general. I would love to see some guides for the outdoor rock climbing spots or maybe some mom clubs 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Flitterby thanks so much for these suggestions! We are working hard to figure out how we bring a better local experience in this community for folks all around the country, based on their location, their interests and their life experiences - the intersection of those things remains a bit elusive. That said, we really appreciate your ideas as they will help inform how we evolve this community!

0 Likes