Highlighted

Re: Camping Coffee/caffeine

They have this pour over coffee that was light weight and was dependable. I used it when I did my 100 mile section hike in VA.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It’s clunky and heavy but I use a small 1-2 person moka pot for delicious and strong espresso! If you’re only going for 1/2 nights it’s worth the weight. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Aeropress FTW. It makes fantastic coffee, quick and easy cleanup. I typically buy fresh ground coffee from a local shop on the way to the trailhead. Good for car camp or even 3-4 night backpacking trip. Pack the grounds in/out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

We use the large REI brand insulated press for car camping.  Makes great coffee and we each have 2 mugs before it gets cold.

I use VIA when backpacking because I only get one cup in the morning.

Highlighted

same here! lol, I absolutely need my 2 mugs of via, before I do my final packing!

Miss-counting my coffees could ruin my trip!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Highlighted

I bring my little grinder from REI for a sandwich-bag full of coffee beans.  I have my little metal filter from REI for my ground coffee and hot water.   So easy.  Probably not more than 4-5 ounces of equipment and grinder easily folds up to slip in my day pack.  Try it!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What is your go to Camping Coffee/Caffeine system?

French Press!

Highlighted

Re: What is your go to Camping Coffee/Caffeine system?

Be very careful if you're using a battery operated bean grinder....you don't want to start a cattle stampede! 😉

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Featured