Highlighted

Feedback on the REI Kingdom 8 tent - Base Camp for families

Kingdom 8 a very good tent for families and base camping. My wife and our married daughter both say I take too much gear, maybe maybe not (I was a Boy Scout). We are on our third family tent and second REI brand tent and after reading some of the reviews I am perplexed about peoples expectations. My expectations are simple, roomy, sturdy, keeps the rain out and the hardware is durable. We have had 4 adults, two preteens and a dog camp in this tent on several occasions and very comfortably, dry in moderate rains and basically bug freed.. My only observation is don't try to manhandle the poles they will bend. I should have learned that lesson with my first REI tent but no I didn't. That's OK most poles are repairable When buying a larger tent consider where you will use it. The Kingdom 8 with garage barely fits on most state and NPS/Forest Service tent pads. Everyone in our family can standup and there is plenty of room for gear. Hope this post helps some people choosing a tent - see you at camp.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Feedback on the REI Kingdom 8 tent - Base Camp for families

@Ep3 thanks so much for posting your feedback and impressions of the Kingdom 8 tent. I have a Kingdom 4 and my only complaint is I wish I'd gone with a 6!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured