Highlighted

Camping with Kids: What is your family's favorite campsite activity?

Family camping season is in full swing! What is your family's favorite campsite activity?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Family Camping

Eating! Cooking pudgie pies with our camp iron!
Highlighted

@REI-DaveM , do you have a favorite pudgie pie recipe? We haven't made them but would like to try it out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Roasting "smarshmellows" (from the mouth of a 3 yr old) and gathering firewood. 

Highlighted

"Smarshmellows"! That's cute. I may have to start saying that. We love s'mores!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Playing games! I always bring UNO on camping and backpacking trips. Cribbage is another popular one with my family.

Our family loves to play UNO too! We also like to play ladder ball and corn hole.

Highlighted

My little one loves to lead us on excursions... we once summited "7 mountains in a day"... in Oklahoma... (It was sunrise mountain ... 7 times.  Elevation gain per trip is likely around 150 feet).  Often times in the morning I'll grab a bag with water and food and we won't see camp again until late afternoon. 

*Note:  We have from time to time had to go over LNT when she wants to forge off trail.  But that's what parents are for... right?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just want to say that I find the date of this post humorous because it signals the end of camping season for me in Oklahoma. I hate camping in the summer. The rest of the year is great though. 😁

0 Likes
Highlighted

@CMOK funny how differently we play outside, depending on where we live and the time of year! In the PNW, we don't really start thinking about warm and dry camping until May/June, at which point we typically have a few months of absolutely lovely temperatures and weather. Opposite for you, huh?!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured