Highlighted

Advice on a long men's sleeping bag with #8 zipper

Hello,

I'm looking for a men's long, left-zip, down sleeping bag rated for around 15 degrees. I would like one that is compatible with my wife's sleeping bag which has a YKK #8 zipper, but zipper gauge is rarely listed on the specs. Can you point me to some that meet these conditions?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Advice on a long men's sleeping bag with #8 zipper

@se thanks for reaching out with this question - it's a tricky one! As you've noticed, it is difficult to identify the specific gauge on a zipper online - this will be difficult for us as well here in the community. So, we will need a little more information before we can make any helpful recommendations:

• Is your wife's current sleeping bag a brand that we carry at REI? Often, although not always, purchasing within the same brand will equate to compatible zippers.
  • Do you have a preference between a synthetic or down-filled bag? Will you be camping and/or backpacking? Does the weight/bulk matter?

We'll look forward to hearing back from you with that additional information so we can provide a few specific recommendations. With that said, we may not be able to guarantee a compatible zipper.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Advice on a long men's sleeping bag with #8 zipper

Phew. I forgot to reply, sorry.

She has an older Big Agnes bag although I tried buying a new Big Agnes bag and found the zipper was different. I'm looking for an extra long down bag that's reasonably lightweight and packable for backpacking and bike touring.

0 Likes