Highlighted

5 mins survey on tent pegs/guy lines

I am a GCSE student taking Design Technology asking for your help to please complete this survey that is quite literally 10 multiple choice questions about the issues with tent pegs/guy lines, more specifically how they can be a tripping hazard and allow for easily stubbed toes.

I really would appreciate it if you could share this among fellow campers so that I can gather data and create a product to help resolve this question.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YMM9L9W

Highlighted

Re: 5 mins survey on tent pegs/guy lines

Done!

Retired medical technologist and engineer
REI member since 1978
Highlighted

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted

Using a bright color of reflective cord such as Bluewater Niteline or Sterling GloCord can go a long way to reduce tripping hazards.  I also use a small loop of the cord on my pins so I can find them when breaking camp before first light.

Lance R

Highlighted

Did the survey. 

I do lots of camping with the Scouts and someone's always tripping on my lines or I run into theirs. So while this is a problem, I think it's more important to think about how severe a pain it is. It's really more of a annoyance to me. The cost to make something that would be close to foolproof is almost guaranteed to be quite high to remove a small annoying problem. Just my 2 cents 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted

I use reflective guy line, so they are no problem. I usually wrap reflective tape around tent pegs, but the tape is often below the grass or ground and does not help much at night.

0 Likes
Featured