South West Coast Path - England

If the planets all align, I plan on hiking the 630 mile South West Coast Path in England next year.  More than likely it will be in April or May.  Has anyone done the entire path in one shot or at least part of it?  What equipment did you find useful (size of backpack needed, etc)?  I'm currently looking at Osprey and REI women specific packs.  I've already done some research on the path but would love to hear from someone who has experienced it.  Thanks for any input/advice you can give.

0 Likes

Re: South West Coast Path - England

@DogScout1 this sounds amazing! Two suggestions: 

• You might post this again on the Adventure Travel board in our community to reach a broader audience.
  • If you live near an REI, you might consider booking an outfitting appointment to help with your backpack choice and fit!

Hope you have a great trip!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

Re: South West Coast Path - England

Thanks for suggesting the Adventure Travel board.  I will post it there.

Thanks also for the fitting suggestion.  I've spent quite some time with one of the REI personnel at our local store already and that's how I narrowed the choice of packs to the two, although I did see another one online that caught my attention.  I am scheduled to attend the How to Pack your Backpack class this Thursday.  Although I do have a pack, it's old and heavy compared to newer ones and I hope to get some good info at the class.  Then I'll be ready to get the one-on-one appointment and to commit to my one true pack love.  I did get my tent...a Passage 1.  Think I'm going to really like it...so easy to set up.