Highlighted

Replacement for 3-vestibule quarter dome 3 tent

Hi, I had an older Quarter Dome 3 with 3 vestibules (2 sides as normal, then a 3rd center opening at the head for gear storage). The model was like this https://www.rei.com/product/862425/rei-co-op-quarter-dome-3-tent

I'm looking for a replacement, but the available suggestions I've found don't have the 3rd vestibule for gear storage. It was a great feature to stash your backpacks or gear there out of the way of the side entry/exits and still be able to access your stash from the zippered 3rd center vestibule while inside the tent.

Do any current models have such an easy access 3rd vestibule feature?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Replacement for 3-vestibule quarter dome 3 tent

@RedwoodsHiker thanks for asking about a tent with the 3rd vestibule feature - it's definitely not common and we had to dig a little! Here are a few tents you might consider; each is slightly different than the QD3 you linked but may still work!

• Big Agnes Salt Creek SL3 Tent - features 2 side doors with vestibules, plus a front door with an awning vestibule (the video has a helpful demonstration!)
  • Big Agnes Blacktail Hotel 3 Tent - features a significantly larger vestibule design that may keep your gear out of the way even though it's stored near the entrance to the tent
  • Big Agnes Seedhouse SL3 Tent - features 1 main large vestibule with the door, then 2 "sidecar" vestibules
  • Nemo Dagger 3 Tent - only offers 2 vestibules, but the combined square footage is bigger than the QD3 so you may find you'd have enough space even with just 2...

We hope this helps give you some ideas!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: Replacement for 3-vestibule quarter dome 3 tent

Thanks @REI-JenK they look interesting, the Blacktail in particular. I hope REI brings back the old design, it was great!

Featured