Highlighted

Recommendations for Light Synthetic Sleeping Bags for Tall People

Looking for suggestions for the lightest synthetic sleeping bags. Trying to keep my base weight as low as possible but at 6'7" I'm finding all of my gear is quickly adding up in weight. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Recommendations for Light Synthetic Sleeping Bags for Tall People

@Vaughan3d Thanks for reaching out!

We only carry two synthetic sleeping bags that are longer than 78" (our 'normal' length for a long sleeping bag). Check out these:

• Marmot Trestles Elite Elite 20° Sleeping bag. This bag comes in an extra-wide long version that is 86" long. That version weighs 3lbs.
  • The North Face One Bag Sleeping Bag. This sleeping bag is modular, as it has a synthetic bottom, and then two top pieces that can be used together or separately. One of the top pieces is 800 fill down and one is synthetic. If you just use the synthetic top and bottom combo it is rated to 40° F. The long version of this sleeping bag is 85" long and weighs 4 lbs. That 4lb weight, however, is the entire system. If you were just using the synthetic bottom and top it would be much lighter (unfortunately, not listed).

If you're willing or able to use a 78" sleeping bag, the long version of the Marmot Trestles Eco Elite 30° Sleeping Bag weighs just a tad over 2 lbs and the REI Co-op Zephyr 20° Sleeping Bag comes in at 2 lbs 7oz. 

All of these options are highly compressible synthetic sleeping bags that should do well packing down into your pack. You didn't mention if you needed a wider bag or what temperature rating you were looking for so feel free to reach back out if you have any other questions!

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Recommendations for Light Synthetic Sleeping Bags for Tall People

@REI-JohnJ Thanks so much for the quick response. I was looking at the marmot-trestles-elite-eco-20. Do you think that would be a viable option for an AT thru hike?

0 Likes
Featured