Highlighted

Men's hiking boots for narrow feet

Any suggestions for men's hiking boots that run narrow? My foot is so narrow that I have to add an aftermarket insole on top of the one already in the boots just to keep the laces from meeting in the middle. I currently wear Merrel Moab's, but they don't fit great. Plus now the waterproofing is gone completely. I don't have any stores near me that carry decent boots, nearest REI is about 75 miles. I'm sure that I'll have to visit a store to try some on. I'm just trying to narrow the field before I get there to save time. BTW, I wear a size 14-15, so that sometimes narrows the choices to begin with.

I'm really only interested in over the ankle boots and waterproof. Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Men's hiking boots for narrow feet

I wear a size 8 and have a small, narrow foot. I like the Lowa Renegades. My first pair was the women's version but since then graduated to the mens' fit. I add an insole and fits very well. The boot itself is very comfortable with good grip. Only shortcoming-on two of my pairs the glue loosened earlier than it should have. Most recently the rubber toe tip portion has partially separated from the boot. It has not gotten that much use or been subjected to wet conditions for it to do so. Waiting for the company to get back to me on the best fix. They're not so good at that either. I still I like the fit of the boot so much that until I find a better fitting one I will stick with it.

Goffredo

Highlighted

I've never thought of women's boots, and I'm not sure they make anything that long. I'm not opposed to it if it works though!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I've had decent luck trying women's boots, though even they can run wide for my feet. Lowa was the closest I got to a comfortable fit. Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have found Salomon boots to run narrow and they did not fit me.  I have slightly wide feet and in my expereince the Merrel Moabs run on the wide side ( they fit me perfectly). 

@Goffredo wrote:

I wear a size 8 and have a small, narrow foot. I like the Lowa Renegades. My first pair was the women's version but since then graduated to the mens' fit. I add an insole and fits very well. The boot itself is very comfortable with good grip. Only shortcoming-on two of my pairs the glue loosened earlier than it should have. Most recently the rubber toe tip portion has partially separated from the boot. It has not gotten that much use or been subjected to wet conditions for it to do so. Waiting for the company to get back to me on the best fix. They're not so good at that either. I still I like the fit of the boot so much that until I find a better fitting one I will stick with it.

Goffredo

Highlighted

We like Vasque brand for narrow feet! 

Highlighted

@FeensterTo be honest, the only reason I wear the Moabs is because I basically live in an area where if you have size 14 feet you don't have much choice in footwear. Then you narrow that down to hiking boots, and the only thing you can get is the Moabs. I have to drive 40 miles to get them LOL. I will definitely drive the 75 to REI for my next pair of boots, but I'd rather not spend all day there, and I don't even know what kind of selection they'll have once I do.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My husband has narrow feet and loves his Oboz Sawtooth II boots. I don’t think his feet are as narrow as yours since he has never needed to put an extra insole in any of his boots. But these boots fit him perfectly right out of the box. They do only go up to a size 14 and it didn’t seem like they ran small so hopefully they’d fit if you get a chance to try them on. 

Highlighted

I have narrow feet size 10.5. I currently use Salomon X-ultra non GTX low tops, but also use the high top X-ultras and have the heavier duty Salomon 4D's that all have fit well. Not sure if the go up to a 15 but worth a look in my opinion.

Featured