Highlighted

Gear Advice: 2 person tent options for backpacking?

Hi! I'm looking for a good tent. One that I can use backpacking, and that is tall enough (I am 6'3"), and that has enough headspace and doesn't feel claustrophobic. I'm also looking for a 2 person tent that is 3 seasons and is easy to set up. Preferably more on the light side, and I would still like doors and a floor. Also looking for it to be durable, I would like to have it for a while. Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Gear Advice: 2 person tent options for backpacking?

@RyanS Thanks for reaching out!

We have several options that we think would work great for you! Please take a look at these:

All of these tents will give you three season protection, simple set up, two doors, and a light enough weight and packable size for backpacking. The Half Dome 2 Plus will give you the most room (92 inches of length and 44 inches of height) but is also the heaviest at 5 lbs 5 oz. The MSR tent is the lightest by over a pound at 3 lbs 14 oz, however it is the smallest in terms of room. All of these tents have vertical sidewalls that help reduce that claustrophobic feeling. One thing also helps with that feeling is getting a bright colored tent (the Half Dome comes in a bright orange color if you're interested).

Lastly, on of the most important things you can do to prolong the life of your tent is to purchase a footprint for it. The Marmot tent comes with one, and you can find one for the Half Dome and the MSR tents as well.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@RyanS Thanks for reaching out!

We have several options that we think would work great for you! Please take a look at these:

All of these tents will give you three season protection, simple set up, two doors, and a light enough weight and packable size for backpacking. The Half Dome 2 Plus will give you the most room (92 inches of length and 44 inches of height) but is also the heaviest at 5 lbs 5 oz. The MSR tent is the lightest by over a pound at 3 lbs 14 oz, however it is the smallest in terms of room. All of these tents have vertical sidewalls that help reduce that claustrophobic feeling. One thing also helps with that feeling is getting a bright colored tent (the Half Dome comes in a bright orange color if you're interested).

Lastly, on of the most important things you can do to prolong the life of your tent is to purchase a footprint for it. The Marmot tent comes with one, and you can find one for the Half Dome and the MSR tents as well.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Great! Thank you! 

Featured