Highlighted

Best short thru hike to do in February?

I'm looking for a short thru hike trail (or a section of) of 5-7 days to do this February where I can travel light and where there are places to buy food and get water every day. Especially in Nevada or Arizona as they are easy for me to get to.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Best short thru hike to do in February?

well, I highly recommend doing a nice 5 -7 loop in the superstition wilderness just outside of Phoenix.  You can get the trail map at REI Phoenix. The bulletin board at the Peralta Trailhead gives you the status of the springs, however I would really try to call the forest service/REI and anyone else I can think of to verify spring status.

It is SO BEAUTIFUL! and Jan-Feb temps are perfect! Perfect for walking, perfect for sleeping.  Sun shining, plenty of mexican food in Phoenix!

I had a video of my loop, with passing on the route logistics/planning in mind.

ps - you can turn this loop into a 3, 4, or 5 day experience.  The areas around the springs were so beautiful!  Beware of sharp things everywhere!

good luck!

https://youtu.be/g1VmBM6Z1qQ

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
5 DAYS 4 NIGHTS BACKPACKING SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS. PERALTA TRAIL HEAD. BLUFF SPRINGS, LEBARGE SPRINGS, KANE SPRING, CHARLEBOIS SPRING.
Highlighted

well, I highly recommend doing a nice 5 -7 loop in the superstition wilderness just outside of Phoenix.  You can get the trail map at REI Phoenix. The bulletin board at the Peralta Trailhead gives you the status of the springs, however I would really try to call the forest service/REI and anyone else I can think of to verify spring status.

It is SO BEAUTIFUL! and Jan-Feb temps are perfect! Perfect for walking, perfect for sleeping.  Sun shining, plenty of mexican food in Phoenix!

I had a video of my loop, with passing on the route logistics/planning in mind.

ps - you can turn this loop into a 3, 4, or 5 day experience.  The areas around the springs were so beautiful!  Beware of sharp things everywhere!

good luck!

https://youtu.be/g1VmBM6Z1qQ

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
5 DAYS 4 NIGHTS BACKPACKING SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS. PERALTA TRAIL HEAD. BLUFF SPRINGS, LEBARGE SPRINGS, KANE SPRING, CHARLEBOIS SPRING.
Highlighted

Thank you Phil. That looks great.

0 Likes
Featured