Highlighted

Re: Lightweight camp / water crossing footwear

I use Crocs but there are genric ones that will do. There are a lot of different types of them.  I like Crocs they dry fast, are easy to put on and off, and are light weight.  I need something with a little protection and support.  

Highlighted

On a 130 mile hike on the John Muir Trail I wore trail running shoes, light marino wool socks and Dirty Girl Gaiters all the  time - for hiking, stream crossing and around camp.  The shoes dried very quickly.  No blisters or hot spots.  The shoes provided excellent traction on stream beds.    No need to carry extra shoes!   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do you live anywhere near a dive shop or store that caters to scuba diving?  If so, check out what they have in the way of reef-walking booties, as those are lightweight (often made to fit with your feet in the fins so they don't need to be removed) with a very good sole that will prevent being cut from the sharp coral.  You can also do the needed research and then buy them through Amazon, but it's always good to actually see, touch (and maybe try on) footgear before you purchase anything.

0 Likes
Featured