Highlighted

Availability of the Quarter Dome 1 tent.

Hello and good evening,

I noticed the Quarter Dome 1 is no longer for sale.  Is it being discontinued?  I was just about to buy it and now it's not an option.  Also, is the Quarter Dome 1 SL durable?  That thing is super light and sometimes durability is compromised to save weight.  

Thanks a bunch for your time.  Much appreciated...

John

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there @HanaleiMoon!

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community! Please allow us some time to circle back with you on future availability of the Quarter Dome 1. 

To answer your question about durability of the SL 1, customers have been very happy with the performance of this tent. As you noted, it is lightweight and therefore should be treated with care. As with all our tents, we strongly recommend the use of a footprint to protect your tent from unnecessary exposure to harm. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Hi @HanaleiMoon,

I just wanted to let you know of two other tents that I would highly recommend in case the Quarter Dome 1 is no longer available. 

1) REI Co-op has their Half Dome tent series which is downright amazing. Their 1-person tent in this series is called the Half Dome 1 Plus Tent. Although I have never used the 1-person tent version of this series, I have a larger Half Dome tent and have found it to be durable, spacious, light, and overall a great backpacking tent. 

2) ALPS Mountaineering is a company that I would hands-down recommend for tents (and their other products). REI sells a couple of their tents, but does not sell my favorite tent, the Lynx 1-person tent. However, I would recommend any tent made by this company. I have used this tent for solo backpacking trips for over 4 years, and it has never failed me, even when I've been caught in a strong wind/rain storm, freezing temperatures, or blistering desert heat. It's also slightly cheaper than REI's Quarter Dome and Half Dome tents (the Lynx 1-person is only $120, but I have found this tent to be incredible despite its cheaper price.

Hope this helps!

www.brynsharpphotography.com
Highlighted

@HanaleiMoon Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct that we do not currently have stock of the REI Co-op Quarter Dome 1 tent. We will check in with our buyers to see if it is something we will be getting back in, however it does not look like it is even able to be back ordered at this time. Given the holiday and sale it will likely take a few days to track down the information. The REI Co-op Quarter Dome SL 1  is a durable option, however, we always recommend a footprint to protect the bottom of the tent. It is important to note that the QD SL 1 is semi-freestanding and requires stakes to fully pitch the tent.

Hope this helps, we'll circle back as soon as we know more!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Availability of the Quarter Dome 1 tent.

@HanaleiMoon 

We have received confirmation from our brands team that the standard Quarter Dome series has evolved into the Quarter Dome SL line moving forward. Thanks for your patience while we tracked down this information. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured