Highlighted

Wilderness systems ride 115

Hello, I'm in Wichita, KS, we have an REI store opening this spring.  I was wondering if I purchased a kayak

now could I have it sent to the store when it opens? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Wilderness systems ride 115

Howdy @RIPPCORDD! Yay for kayaking and a new REI store in your town! We routinely order boats (or customers do) that are in one of our warehouses and then have shipped to the store. During your checkout online, it will tell you if it's an option to ship what you're looking at to the store of your choice. In some cases, you might see a kayak online that can't be shipped to an REI store...in this situation, it's likely that the kayak desired is at another store. If that were the case, it would be available for local pick-up but not available to ship, as we don't ship boats from store to store at this point. Short answer is "yes...most of the time." 🙂

In service,

Jason O.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

If I purchase it now will the warehouse be able to hold it until the store opens? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@RIPPCORDD thanks for the follow-up question! Unfortunately, no, our warehouses cannot hold items until a new store opens, and the new store won't be set up to receive customer orders until opening. In the near term, it looks like the only option, until Wichita opens, would be to use the Overland Park store as a shipping destination.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.