Highlighted

Wider climbing shoes

After years of ultra-running, my old climbing shoes are just too small and narrow. Can you recommend any brands that tend to run a bit wider in the forefoot?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Wider climbing shoes

The Evolv Shaman and 5.10 Anasazi are go-to's for a wider foot. What kind of climbing will you be doing? Something with more camber like the Shaman is better suited to high-angle technical climbing, where the Anasazi is a great all-arounder. If you're climbing crack and slab, something like a 5.10 Moccasym will be a great choice with a wider shape.

Also, look for something that a shape that matches the contour of your toes, some shoes have a more square shaped toe box, some shoes accommodate a more oblong, pointed shape! 

Check out this Expert Advice article for more information that may help answer your question. 

Hope this is helpful!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Butora Arcos. They are for wide feet and are medium aggressive. Check em out. I’d be suprised if they didn’t work out. 🙂

- I'm the best at being me when I'm outside
Highlighted

@REI-ReinkeM & @Bonfire  - Thanks for the recommendations! I tried on a few of those recommended, but ended up finding a set that fit before I saw suggestion of the Butora Arcos. I picked up the Tenaya Tanta, and thus far, have been pretty happy with them (worlds better than my old shoes). 

Highlighted

It’s funny how much better you get (and how much more fun you have) when you have a shoe that fits. I immediately leveled up when I was able to be confident while standing on a little chip. Weeeiiiiird

- I'm the best at being me when I'm outside
Featured