Highlighted

Why does the REI 1-800 number have long wait times?

Hello? Is the customer center closed as well? I’m trying to get my package. I’ve been on hold for 20 minutes and only hearing Music. No auto response if “a customer response agent will be with me shortly”. Just music. Oh. Good news just got an auto response! I hope I’m not wasting my time by waiting?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why does the REI 1-800 number have long wait times?

@RussDunham thank you for your patience! Unfortunately, our Customer Support team is handling a very high volume of calls, due to our store closures, for many folks who have questions about their orders. We apologize for the longer-than-normal wait.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello, I've been on hold for 2 hours. What is the average wait time at the moment?

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is not a representative excuse for the issue at hand - REI has furloughed its workers and apparently customer service representatives. There is no chat available and what seems like no call center available. Multiple hours is not reasonable to hold, and there is no way they are fielding calls from folks waiting that long. 

It seems as though shipments are going out, yet no customer service in place whatsoever. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@stuckwaiting rest assured, we do have teams fielding both calls and chats however the volume of customer contacts we are receiving is significantly higher than normal. Therefore our call wait times are much longer than normal and our LiveChat queue is full. We are truly sorry for these delays.

If you have a general question, you may find an answer in the Help Center. Or, if you need advice on a product you're interested in, we can help here in the community; however if your question is specific to your order or your situation, our Customer Support team is the right place to be connecting with and our team will be with you as soon as possible. Again, we're really sorry for the long wait time.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Ahhhhh, there is a pandemic going on throughout the World, expect things to be difficult for a long while.

Featured