Highlighted

Why are the Oboz winter boot insoles so thick?

My new OBoz 10"winter boots came with 2 insoles in each shoe.  Is that by design, possibly for additional insulation, or oversight?  Just curious.  They had seemed a little snug with thick socks on, especially after 5 miles.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Oboz winter boots

@DC 
Hello there!  Appreciate the question!  I will start by saying that the shoe is designed to be worn with one insole only. Although insoles are thin, they still take up volume and that is why the shoe felt so snug. 

Sometimes manufacturers include an additional insole so that when one eventually wears out, you already have a replacement. Foam insoles will break down eventually and before the outside of your shoe. In order to get the full lifetime of your shoe, switching out the insole is a good idea. 

If the two insoles they sent you aren’t identical let me know.

Hoping you get many more miles put down in your new boots!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@DC 
Hello there!  Appreciate the question!  I will start by saying that the shoe is designed to be worn with one insole only. Although insoles are thin, they still take up volume and that is why the shoe felt so snug. 

Sometimes manufacturers include an additional insole so that when one eventually wears out, you already have a replacement. Foam insoles will break down eventually and before the outside of your shoe. In order to get the full lifetime of your shoe, switching out the insole is a good idea. 

If the two insoles they sent you aren’t identical let me know.

Hoping you get many more miles put down in your new boots!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks AlyS.  The second set of insoles makes good sense and underscores the overall quality of the brand.  I'm very pleased with the boots overall.

Featured