Highlighted

Where can I find REI-branded Chapstick?

Hi REI-

Several year ago my wife and I got some REI-branded chapstick that were handouts from a kayaking event you co-sponsored. In trying to find the same chapstick in our local San Diego store, the associate we spoke to had no idea about the product. Is this something that's just a promotional item versus an item you have in your stores? If so, that's too bad as we both really like it and would like to get more of it.

REI.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where can I find REI-branded Chapstick?

@alange thanks for reaching out about this chapstick - you are correct, this is one of our "give-away" items that we often have at REI-sponsored events! Unfortunately, it's not an item we sell in our stores. Although different, the closest item we currently carry is probably the Sun Bum Mineral 30.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JenK Are there any REI sponsored events coming up that are socially-distant and might be giving away the REI-branded chapstick? Or, could you slip a few of them in the mail for me when no one is looking?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@alange for the moment, we don't have good news on this one...the majority of these chapsticks are saved for REI events and are therefore not accessible with the current status of our business operations. In addition, we don't currently have any in-person REI events planned. As a last ditch effort, our San Diego team dug around their store but unfortunately didn't have a hidden stash either. So, this appears to be a challenge we aren't able to meet...yet! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

So is the REI stuff really just relabled Sun Bum? 

0 Likes
Featured