Highlighted

When will REI stores reopen for returns?

Hello,

Is there any date when REI is going to be open for returns? I keep buying shoes that they don't fit me and need to return them, I dont want to spend more paying for return labels.

Thanks,

Highlighted

Re: When will REI stores reopen for returns?

@IsabelPGV thanks for the question! Our answer depends on a little on location, as we are taking a phased approach across the country for reopening our stores. We currently have ~20 locations nationwide that have reopened for in-store shopping and are accepting returns; we anticipate opening more stores on a weekly basis through June and into July. Because the situation is dynamic and subject to change at any point, we are not able to share specific future reopening dates. Your most up-to-date information about current services and hours of operation at any given REI is the local store page.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Jen,

What can you tell me about the new Appleton, WI store that, before COVID,  was supposed to be opening around mother's day. I see only 2 WI stores listed. I'm anxiously waiting... where can I find out what's happening?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@TammyB thanks for reaching out, and for your patience - we really do appreciate it! Not sure if you've seen that we added a Wisconsin page here in the community, and this question was asked (and answered) over there! The quick answer is that we are aiming for a late July opening for our Appleton store, barring any unexpected changes. Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

For what it is worth... I, too, have suspended all REI purchases until retain sales resume.  In  Overland Park, KS the store is in a vast retail complex.  Most of the other stores in the complex  are open for in store purchases include a giant Scheels Sporting Goods, a competitor.  This is Kansas.... not New York City.

Highlighted

@JacobsWeg although Overland Park remains closed, we do anticipate having it reopen for in-store shopping and returns within the next week or two. We will try to loop back here in the community to confirm when it's reopened; you can also check the Overland Park store page for the most up-to-date information on hours of operation and services.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JacobsWeg in case you hadn't seen, our Overland Park REI store has reopened for in-store shopping and returns. If you head in, we are operating our stores differently and you can read about some of the changes you can expect in our FAQs.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yup... I check every day and noticed this morning it is open... heading over in about an hour... Thank you

Highlighted

All of Orange County is open. Please reopen at least one store in the greater LA /Orange county area. If you can be open in San Diego, you should be open at least partially in Orange County.  Remaining closed is hurting our Co-Op. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

Highlighted

@Lavan Thanks for reaching out about the plan for reopening our LA area stores!

Because the situation remains highly variable and subject to last minute changes, we are not sharing future opening dates for specific store locations. With that said, we do expect to see our LA area stores reopen for in-store shopping soon; your best source for up-to-date information on current services and hours of operation will be your local REI store page. Stay tuned!

0 Likes
Featured