Highlighted

When will REI begin accepting curbside returns?

it sounds like curbside will be the new normal for a while? Any guesses as to when curbside will accept returns? I've had an expensive roof top tent that I got right before the pandemic and many things changed since then, really want to return it. It's still new in box. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: When will REI begin accepting curbside returns?

@Makk thanks for reaching out with this question! At this time, we are in the early stages of getting curbside pick-up launched in a few select locations, with the plan to expand nationwide over time. In the early phases of curbside pick-up, it will not be possible to for us to accept returns curbside. We will continue to provide updates to these services here in the community in addition to across REI.com.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yep, thank you,  I saw that. Any ideas when it would be available? E.g. if it's expected in the next 3-6 months, I may consider eating the large shipping cost to return it. Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Makk sounds like you'd already seen our FAQs - sorry for the redundant answer! In terms of curbside returns, we do not have an ETA to share and would therefore recommend connecting with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 to chat through your specific situation and see what options might be available.

0 Likes
Highlighted

HI there! Does REI have an update on when they will accept curbside returns? It's been almost 2 months since this post. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@mcher4 thanks for the follow-up question! We do not have an updated ETA on curbside returns, so the two options for processing a return are in-store (nearly all of our stores are now open) and through the mail.

0 Likes