Highlighted

What does it mean to be a "S'mores Maker?"

We've had a few questions about the phrase "S'mores Maker," which made me think that it might be worthwhile to explain what it means to be a "S'mores Maker." In our community, we have different levels that are meant to indicate how often a person has logged in and participated in the community. While we won't reveal all of the levels, because it's fun to wonder which one you'll earn next, here are the first few you'll see: S'mores Maker...Happy Camper...Wanderer...

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: What does it mean to be a "S'mores Maker?"

To me it sounds like what it is, someone who makes s'mores. But maybe it means that someone is taking care of the group and doing something nice and special.

Highlighted

@kaleigh thanks for the response! The labels we created are really just meant to be fun and outdoors-related! They don't necessarily indicate anything about the individual, other than how often that person has visited and interacted with the community.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

I like that! "S'mores maker" is a coveted role in many family camping adventures. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

it just makes me crave s'mores, tbh (:
Highlighted

It could be construed as an insult to car and RV campers by people who consider themsevles to be more "Hard core" backpackers and backcountry campers, I guess. 

0 Likes
Featured