Highlighted

Re: We stand for racial equity.

wow, these responses are bouncing all over the place.

But, switching gears, I read today about new efforts to allow for the hunt for uranium deposits in the Grand Canyon watershed area.

I think, I would be against this, but have no clue what is being allowed now vs propaganda.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Amen @Philreedshikes !  I wish more people recognized and admitted to not knowing all the facts, and committed to learning and understanding all aspects, before jumping on any bandwagon, just because it seems the popular thing to do.  And to have intelligent, meaningful discussions that help to actually solve the problems of the world, instead of simply spouting rhetoric.

Let's all get back to discussions about our collective love of the outdoors and our outdoor pursuits.  The topics that reflect on our shared similarities, regardless of race, gender, creed, etc, rather than those that tend to divide us.

OK. Stepping off my soapbox now.

Highlighted

no kidding @Rob6 , let's talk about the outdoors....and camping....and backpacking...you know...the stuff that we all (hopefully) signed up for.

I thought I was bored before with the zillion posts on problems with returns, stores, more on returns, NON STOP 'when will my store open'.

Back to the treadmill, getting ready for Bridger Wilderness and 8 backpacking nights!  Wheels up on 7 July!  Mask ready!

I would rather talk about how my ursack can't hold 8 days of food and now I have to hang an overflow bag.

sigh.....

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Highlighted

Have a great trip, Phil!  We will be taking off for the North Cascades tomorrow morning.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes
Highlighted

Continuing the conversation here.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

We are continuing this conversation here.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members