Highlighted

Virtual Outfitting - access to personalized help from the comfort of your home!

Need expert advice from the comfort of your home? We are here to help!

Click here to schedule a free virtual outfitting appointment at a time that's convenient for you. During your appointment, one of our expert outfitters will answer your questions, provide advice on fit, and help you pick the right gear for your next outdoor adventure.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted
Moved:

Re: Virtual Outfitting - access to personalized help while our stores are closed!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Virtual Outfitting - access to personalized help while our stores are closed!

A quick shout out - had my virtual assistant call with Gary to help me select the right fitting backpack. He was friendly, helpful, timely and knowledgeable. 

In other words - he's a keeper and only continues to demonstrate to me why REI is "world class". 

Many thanks,

David M Brooks

Highlighted
Moved:

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just not sure I am comfotable attempting to buy a back virtually. I really do not want to play the order and return game until I find one that fits properly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This review is for anyone who was skeptical of the utility of Virtual Outfitting for a task as personal and specific as boot-fitting - It is awesome. I was skeptical myself and now I cannot recommend it enough!! Take advantage of the service and use it!!!!!   I also want to give praise to the virtual outfitter who helped me, Ross C.

I was looking to buy my first hiking boots in years but with REI stores being closed down, was not able to go in-store to find what boots would fit my feet. I saw that REI was offering virtual outfitting but was unsure how talking to someone over the phone would work for something that usually requires visualizing and trial-and-error.

I was lucky to be connected with Ross C., who usually works in a brick-and-mortar REI store, but due to Coronavirus, was now a virtual outfitter.  He walked me through performing foot measurements and shape assessment and surveyed me about features I was looking for in a boot.  Afterwards, he made 4 boot recommendations and described the pros/cons of each, which was extremely helpful.  Ross talked about his personal experience with many brands of boots and was extremely knowledgeable on each model, including the durability and reputation of each brand.

I felt like I was practically in a store, except it was even better because I had the undivided attention of an REI expert (for almost an hour because I had so many questions haha). Ross was extremely patient, friendly and was really passionate talking about the gear, which I appreciated!  It was a great experience and I highly recommend.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@miken26 

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with your virtual outfitting appointment! Thank you so much for sharing your story here in the Community!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured