Highlighted

Used Gear

How do I know that the gear from the Used Gear site is reliable or in good condition?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Used Gear

@cassblock thanks for reaching out!

All products in the REI Used Gear program are processed and inspected for quality. There are four condition levels – excellent, lightly worn, moderately worn, and well worn. The condition of the item can be found directly above the “Add to Cart” button.

Items are discounted according to their condition level. Most items are in excellent condition or lightly worn and have plenty of adventure left in them!

You can find more information about our Used Gear program here.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Used Gear

Hi @cassblock 

I am not an REI Employee, but have purchased quite a few items from the REI Used site, and have been completely satisfied with all of them.  I've gotten gear, as well as clothing and shoes.  The condition level has always been very accurate, if not conservative in the way it's described.  In my opinion, you can feel completely confident in what you are getting. Just be sure to review the condition level of the item you are purchasing and have realistic expectations.  It's a great way to save some money, and contribute to a more sustainable lifestyle.

Featured