Highlighted

used gear pages

Hello I have been a member for years and have never really had any problems with anything associated with rei until now which ads to why this is such a dilema. What is (profanity) wrong with the used gear pages and or links? I have tried a few times over the past few months and every single time i start looking and shopping through items it delets my cart. There is no way to save your cart and sometimes the pages dont even fully load and you have to refresh multiple times. I have used multiple different devices and that makes no difference. I cannot be the only person to ever come across this problem that now is beyond infuriating me. There must be some bug fixes that need to happen, can anyone help with this problem or have any fixes or solutions ????

0 Likes

Re: used gear pages

@Matthew one of the reasons that we are really excited about this community is our ability to hear directly from our members with their feedback on what's going well, and what's not. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your experience with our Used Gear site and apologize that it's been frustrating. We have passed your comments along to our Used Gear team to ensure they are aware. Two things to consider:

• Our used gear inventory is much more dynamic than our regular inventory, often changing daily, which leads to a much shorter amount of time we can hold those items in an individual's cart - this certainly functions differently than our non-used items on REI.com and may explain why you are seeing items "disappear" more frequently.
  • In the future, if you are having any technical difficulty with our website, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840 or via Live Chat.

Thank you again for reaching out with this feedback.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

Re: used gear pages

Hi @Matthew .  I am not an REI employee, but I have made multiple purchases through the REI Used Gear site, and I have never had any issues with the functionality of the site.  I had an issue with one shipment (the packaging was damaged and an item missing), and, while they were not able to provide a replacement item due to the nature of the inventory, they quickly refunded my money, including the shipping fee.  I believe that the Used site is operated by a separate company working under/alongside REI, so not all site functions, as well as policies/procedures, are exactly the same as on the REI site.

I know how frustrating IT issues can be, but don't let your recent problems navigating the site discourage you from supporting the Used Gear platform. It's a great way to keep gear out of landfills, and I, for one, have snagged some great deals! 

0 Likes