Highlighted

Trekking Pole Repair

Hello - 

I have a pair of Leki trekking poles that have recently become hard to lengthen and lock in.  I think there is probably just a build-up of debris inside them.  Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning them, or are there any services available to help with this kind of thing?

Highlighted

Re: Trekking Pole Repair

@kristina_kirk Thanks for the question! I'm sorry your trekking poles are not performing well for you, however, I think there is a solution that should work for you.

Depending on if it has external or internal locking mechanism the method for separating the poles will be slightly different. Once you have them separated you'll want to take a cloth with rubbing alcohol on it and clean any parts that appear dirty. You may also want to check the mechanism if it is an internal locking pole and make sure that it is threaded correctly and functional. That should take care of the issue you are having.

You can certainly bring your poles into an REI store and ask for help from a green vest. They'll be happy to help! Thanks!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Trekking Pole Repair

Thanks so much John.  I'll stop by the store and seek some professional assistance then.  I"m just afraid I'll do more harm than good if I start pulling things apart on my own.  It's the lower section of the pole that I"m having a problem with - the part with the internal locking mechanism.  

0 Likes
Featured