cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trail maintenance volunteer opportunities

Hi REI!  I have seen a lot of posts, in various areas of this forum, regarding trail volunteer opportunities; both individuals offering to volunteer and organizations looking for volunteers.  I particpate when I can with local organizations, and I think it's fantastic that there are so many other people willing to help out.  It's great for the environment, as well as a chance to get outside and give back.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to dedicate a page specifically for the purpose of connecting volunteers with  those that need the help.  Maybe as a category under Activities, or a separate heading under Local Happenings?

What do you think?  

Re: Trail maintenance volunteer opportunities

@Rob6 Thanks for reaching out and thanks for giving back to help take care of the natural spaces we all love to recreate in!

We appreciate your engagement in our community and the feedback on our platform. We are constantly looking for ways to improve on the experience of our users and to help them find the content they want. We will look at our options in terms of how we organize our boards and categories in order to make sure our members can easily find ways to help out on the trails they love.

Thank you for the suggestion, have a great day!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

Re: Trail maintenance volunteer opportunities

I don't like joining groups, but I do like to help keep trails clear.

The last few years I have taken to what I call Vigilante Trail Maintenance (VTM). I carry a small folding crosscut saw that can handle anything up to about six inches when I'm hiking. Sometimes even when I'm running or biking.

I just purchased an antique crosscut bucking saw that I plan to restore and put to use on bigger jobs. 

Tom

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes