Highlighted

Sleeping Pads/liner for TerraLite?

Had a great conversation with Jasper C. in chat tonight (thank you for all of your help!)

Got back recently from my trip to Havasupai right before they shut down for COVID-19.

My next project is to improve my sleeping pad/mummy liner situation.  I did not have time prior to my trip to try it out due to factors beyond my control (I know, it’s my fault but being sick put a damper on that).

I have a Big Agnes Double Z pad I bought 5 years ago and love. I upgraded to a Western Mountaineering TerraLite bag (amazing bag, best night of sleep I’ve had in a sleeping bag other than the issues I had on my trip).  My bag does not have a pouch or straps to which I can attach the pad to so I was sliding off multiple times.

Any suggestions on what you would use for a sleeping pad and a mummy bag liner to keep the bag clean?  Jasper gave me a few suggestions to check out but curious what others have to say as well!

For the record, I’m 5’9”, a side sleeper that tosses and turns, and have back/hip issues and like more comfort with my pad.

I was not a fan of the sleeping bag liner I had since I got tangled up in it and couldn’t stretch out but it worked great for stuffing my pad inside! (Alps Mountaineering mummy liner, 32x86)

Thanks a million! I hope to get this stuff set up before my next trip in June, unless that gets canceled due to current events!

Stay strong, all!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sleeping Pads/liner for TerraLite?

@AlleyOOP As a side sleeper myself I can relate to the win of finding a sleeping pad that works for you! I'm glad to hear you found a new sleeping bag! 

Putting silicone in a wave like pattern should help with the slipping issue and is super light so you have no added weight for backpacking.

As far as liners go, I love the Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor Compact Plus Sleeping Bag Liner. The 3D toe box allows plenty of stretch to minimize the constriction I've felt with other liners.

Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor Compact Plus Sleeping Bag Liner 

If that doesn't work try a rectangle liner. The extra volume and material works for active sleepers.

A great sleep system is critical to enjoying your day on the trail. Here's to your trip in June! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured