Highlighted

Short Sheeting Women's Wear Pockets

Hi REI!
  I love REI, and have shopped with you for decades. Tents, boots, camping gear and lots and lots of outdoor clothes.

But WTF is it with those micro-depth pockets? My field pants and shorts are not "fashion," but useful articles of outdoor clothing. WHY would you make pockets too shallow to be usable? To save a bit of money on fabric?

The rationale is unfathomable to me, although the pocket depth is all too measureable, and comes up short. Way short. And it does not measure up to the high standards that I expect from REI clothing.

PLEASE make women's pockets just as useable as those found in men's REI clothing.

Discrimination comes in many forms. Do the right thing, REI. For everyone.

Go deep.

Sincerely,

Debbie Viess

Highlighted

Re: Short Sheeting Women's Wear Pockets

@amanitarita Thanks for reaching out!

One of the things we're most excited about in this community is the ability to connect with our members about the things that matter to them. We appreciate the feedback about our women's pants. We will be sure to pass this along to the design team for consideration. If possible, would you mind letting us know which model of pants you are referring to?

Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Hi John, thanks for your quick reply. I just ran upstairs to check on the three pairs of pants/shorts that I recently purchased at REI, and I was both a bit embarrassed and heartened to discover that of those three, the REI brand got it right! Look Ma, deep pockets!

However, pants from Prana and shorts from Kuhl had those highly annoying micro front pockets. But even though you sell them in your stores, that isn't the REI brand.

Should I just write to those companies? And could you provide me with an email to do so? And could your purchasing team use pocket depth for women's clothes as a factor for future buying from other manufacturers?
'Cause i know that I am not the only woman who hates short pockets.

Thanks!

Debbie Viess, REI Fan

Highlighted

@amanitarita 

Debbie,

Thank you so much for circling back with us here in the community! I shared this thread with a member of our Co-op Brands team and they were ecstatic to hear that the pockets on your REI pants were working great for you. He assured me he would pass along your comments to the design teams at REI.

I have also sent your feedback along to our buying teams in our merchandising department. This kind of information is very useful, thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Thank you for being a member of our co-op and have an awesome day!

John

Highlighted

@amanitarita 

I almost forgot to mention: Our buying team will pass along your feedback to our friends at Prana and Kuhl for you.

Thanks again!

Featured