Highlighted

Sandals for outdoor activities

I've had a few pairs of Keens and have a pair of Chacos. I love the arch support in Chacos and am looking for a close toed option (I don't love the two I've seen that Chaco offers). Can you recommend any close toe sandals with good arch support? I will be using them for water sports and hiking near water, often use for other general activities such as biking too.

I did see a pair of Merrell's on your website that I like the looks of but not sure if they're adequate (Siren Wrap Q2). 

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sandals for outdoor activities

@MaryG Thanks for reaching out!

If you have had experience with Keens we would recommend considering those as they have long led the pack in sandals with toe protection. The Merrell Siren Wrap Q2 is also a good choice, although it is more of a casual style sandal and not really intended as a true water sports sandal. One option to also think about is the Teva Omnium sandal. It doesn't look like REI carries it at this time, however, if it is something you were interested in you could go into your local REI store and ask about a special order. Bear in mind that the special order process takes a little bit of extra time and is dependent on the vendor and product availability. 

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sandals for outdoor activities

@MaryG without knowing which Chacos you didn't like, here are a few closed-toe sandal options that have good arch support and are good for water activities:

Hope that helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured