Highlighted

Return options

I am currently stuck in Bangkok and ordered some stuff on-line.  It came fine but my plans have changed a bit.  I purchased a sleeping bag, thinking I would do car type camping but now I think I would rather do back packing instead.  The sleeping bag I purchased was this:  Kelty Tuck 0 Degree Sleeping bag and it would be fine for car camping but the rascal is pretty heavy at more than 6 1/2 pounds.  It was on sale and I bought it in late December.  Can I exchange it or return it or consign it to the USED GEAR category and purchase another of lighter weight? I would hate to have to either carry this heavy bag or purchase an additional bag. But whatever the policy, you guys are great - keep up the good work and hopefully I can get my butt out of Thailand soon.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Return options

@DwightET wow, you're on quite the adventure! A few thoughts on your situation:

• Based on the details above, you should have until the end of December this year (2020) to return your sleeping bag, under our return policy
  • The two methods currently available for processing your return is through the mail or in an REI store that's reopened (this will be tricky from Thailand)
  • So...you can either wait to return from your travels, assuming you're back before the end of the year, and process a return/exchange at that time; or, you could return your sleeping bag through the mail now and purchase a backpacking sleeping bag whenever!

Let us know if you want any consultation on the new sleeping bag; and good luck on your travels!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured