Highlighted

REI used purchase - charged to TROVE?

I just purchased from REI used, the purchase amount of 219.29. 

Then I get a message from American Express that my card was used online at a store called Trove for 219.29 Is this REI? If so it is a bit odd that the company name is different and that REI isn't in any way attached. I was initially concerned and almost put in a fraud report. 

Please tell me what's up with REI charging my card for REI orders with the name Trove.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: REI used purchase - charged to TROVE?

@hugsdogsandtrees 

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for any confusion regarding your purchase. Trove is a vendor partner of REI that helps us process and manage our used gear business. We will pass along your feedback to our team so that they are aware of the confusion. Thank you for letting us know!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

That is understandable. Does the website mention that? I didn't get a message or an alert that charges on my card would be billed under Trove. Maybe I missed it. Just saying it could lead someone to put a fraud alert or cancel a card needlessly.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

@hugsdogsandtrees 

I'm not sure if it mentions that or not, however, I did pass your feedback along to the team so they are aware of the issue. We appreciate the head's up!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured