cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
COVID-19 UPDATE. REI stores are temporarily closed. Learn more about orders or returns. Free U.S. standard shipping during this time. Details
Highlighted

REI is extending our temporary store closures until further notice

REI is responding to the rapidly changing COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation with a clear focus on the safety and well-being of employees and customers. We have assembled internal and external teams to advise us on appropriate policies and decisions, and are acting with caution to ensure that we are putting people first. 

As a result, we are extending our temporary store closures until further notice.

We will continue to share information regularly as this situation evolves, including posting updates here in the community. You can also review our FAQs for more detail.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: REI is extending our temporary store closures until further notice

Thank you for putting people about profits.  I will continue to support you.

Highlighted

Will REI have an extended return policy also?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@tpratt Thanks for reaching out!

With our stores temporarily closed, we’re doing everything we can to make things easier for you. We’ve updated our return policy so any electronics purchased after 12/15/19 and any other merchandise purchased after 3/15/19 may be returned once our stores reopen. Everything else is subject to our standard return policy.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Will REI continue this store closures next flu season? From the CDC website, this Wuhan flu does not have as many deaths as the 2009-10 season. You were not closed then.

Can we expect this to be an annual flu-season-closing?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Overwatch as you can imagine, we are focused on the current situation and are not currently making predictions about future flu seasons.

Highlighted

Hi, I bought something on the REI outlet on Feb 12th and they don't fit but didn't get a chance to return them the first few weeks but panned on within the 60 days. We were supposed to be in shelter in Place in Northern CA until April 7th(so I planned on returning them at my local store) but now it has been pushed to May 1st so I'm afraid I will miss my return window of 60 days. Would it be better to ship them back or will I be able to still return them once the shelter in place reopens? Thanks

Highlighted

@kclark2020 Thanks for reaching out!

With our stores temporarily closed, we’re doing everything we can to make things easier for you. We’ve updated our return policy so any electronics purchased after 12/15/19 and any other merchandise purchased after 3/15/19 may be returned once our stores reopen. Everything else is subject to our standard return policy

It is worth noting that new items purchased from REI Outlet are subject to the same return policy as other items at REI, so you don't have to worry about a specific return window. Additionally, if you'd like to process your return through the mail, you can find those instructions here

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you for being responsible and not opening stores. 

Highlighted

What about 20% off coupon, will that be extended, I wanted to buy a back pack, was planning on trying one local store tomorrow, Monday 30 Mar, but now the store is closed.