Highlighted

REI Credit Card

Have you read this Sunday’s column by Nicholas Kristof in the New York Times? It is about the CEO of U. S. Bank whose credit card company REI uses. It is an incredible example of corporate greed. I hope REI changes banks or I will cut up my credit card and no longer shop at REI.

Dennis McDonald

Highlighted

Re: REI Credit Card

REI should distance itself from U.S. Bank as soon as possible. I know I will no longer use the REI/US Bank credit card until this abhorrent behavior by the US Bank corporation is recognized and ameliorated. All they had to do was say we made a mistake and reinstate the employees, but they couldn't do that. Such arrogance all the way up to ladder to the CEO.

I've been an REI member for many decades and this will change my attitude toward the company.

I sincerely hope many people voice their disgust at this behavior.

Highlighted

Thank you for your feedback. One of the reasons we are excited about this community is our ability to hear directly from our members with their questions, concerns, and suggestions. We appreciate you reaching out about your concerns with US Bank. If it is okay with you, we would like to reach out to our internal teams who manage our business relationships in order to get you a more complete answer. We commit to getting back to you in the next couple of days.

Thank you, again, for your feedback – it helps us to form a full picture in providing the highest quality service to our members and customers.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

This deserves a public statement from  the CEO.

We are a coop (I’ve been a member for over 25 years as are many of my family).  We should act like a coop on issues of this level of importance.

Highlighted

Thank you John. It is time for REI to distance itself from U S Bank. REI is better than this bank. It is putting a black mark on REI and all its members.

Highlighted

@Rosden @Boylehp @Joe @jaclay as @REI-JohnJ mentioned above, we very much appreciate you sharing your concerns about US Bank with us. We have escalated your feedback internally and will respond here with more information as soon as possible.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Rolls eyes at stupid badges I just "earned."  DO SOMETHING, REI!  Stop with the useless social media badges. What we've got here is a nice (for REI) platform to keep paying members' concerns at arm's length.  Because heaven forbid that a co-op that made me pay to become a member should have to be in any way responsive to my concerns.

BTW back in the 2000s I spent YEARS trying to get REI to make its credit card bank top putting our 16-digit card numbers on every page of every monthly statement.  Most-all other credit card issuing banks had long since blocked all but the final four digits on their statements, due to identity theft risks.  Does someone on REI's board hold a lot of stock at USBankcorp?  Because that's the only explanation I can see for letting that corporation profit off any REI member who wants to be able to get dividends on purchases made by credit card.

Highlighted

Just sent an email to ericartz@rei.com.   Better than waiting for someone to get back to us here!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I also expressed my disgust directly to US Bank through their customer service channel on their web banking application. I had to log in, click the Customer Service tab, click on the Contact Us tab, then hunt down the Email Us link on the right side of the screen.

I actually received a reply when Andy Cecere's press release was posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted

US bank also finances pipelines and fossil fuel activities.  Not a good bank for protecting nature and a future planet.  

http://priceofoil.org/2018/04/12/release-us-bank-raises-2-billion-in-oil-and-gas-pipeline-finance-si... 

0 Likes
Featured