Recommendations for a rear rack for a carbon fiber bike

I am looking for a rear rack to put on my carbon fiber road bicycle.  Please provide details of any such racks that REI has.  Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: rear rack for carbon fiber bike

Hey @JimB thanks for reaching out!

If you could provide a little more detail about your bike that would be super helpful in making a recommendation for a rear rack system. We don't want to make any assumptions about your bike, so if you could let us know if you have braze-ons for a rear rack (threaded bolt holes in the frame of your bike, typically near the seat post and again on the frame near the rear hub) and also what kind of brakes you have (disc brakes require a rack specifically designed for them) that would be very helpful.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing back from you soon!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: rear rack for carbon fiber bike

The bike is the typical carbon fiber road bike without any attachment points built into the frame.  The brakes are pads, not disc.  I have seen racks on carbon fiber bikes that are supported directly from the rear hub / skewer area and attach at or near the seat post clamp.  I plan to use the rack for lighter loads.  Will not be attaching panniers.  Thank you for any info you can provide.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Recommendations for a rear rack for a carbon fiber bike

@JimB Thanks for getting back to us with some more details!

We have a couple of options that could work for you. If you want to mount directly to the rear hub take a look at the Axiom Cycle Gear Streamliner Rear Bike rack. If you're not planning on using panniers, you could consider a seat post bag like the Co-op Link Seat Pack or the Revelate Designs Terrapin System seat pack. They mount easily under your seat and can provide a versatile way to carry a few extra items.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes