Highlighted

Recommendation for bike helmets that can hold a light on the back

I am looking for a new bike helmet but want one that has a place to clip a light on the back of the helmet.  The descriptions on the Bern and Smith helmets say nothing about this feature though I know it is pretty common in helmets these days.  Can someone tell me which of the helmets from these two manufacturers has such a feature?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Bike helmets

Hi @BobHoel !
The helmet/ rear light combo options that REI has uses a mounting system with the light, unfortunately not a feature with the helmet itself. It’s usually strong Velcro or rubber bike light mount in combination with a bike helmet that has large ventilation holes to put the Velcro through. There are some helmets by Smith, Bern, POC etc that have a clip on the back but the helmets I saw are for goggle straps. I haven’t seen any specifically for lights. 
Here are some great options for lights with helmet compatibility. Helmet lights 
We can help if you have any questions around those products if you have any, just let us know! 
What you’re asking about might be out there (or should be!) but it doesn’t appear that REI has helmets with rear light mounts at this time. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Bike helmets

@BobHoel Thanks for reaching out!

REI carries a couple of helmets that have bike light mounting options on them. The Smith Network MIPS High-Viz Bike Helmet indicates that it is 'light-mount compatible' and appears to have a small strap on the back to affix your light. The Bontrager Charge WaveCel helmet and the Bern Macon 2.0 MIPS Helmet have mounting points on the back that are designed specifically for their branded lighting systems. Additionally, the Bern Hudson MIPS Bike Helmet comes with a rear bike light built in to the helmet if you'd like to check that out as well.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured