Re: Native Eyewear --Beware! Struggles with replacement parts

Have pair of Native Dash XP sunglasses.  Need rubber nose pad.  One is missing.  No response from Native.  Purchased several years ago at REI.  Can I return the defective item to REI for store credit?

Highlighted

@Ecamper we're sorry to hear about the missing nose pad on your sunglasses and want you to know that we have alerted our buyer to the feedback we're receiving about Native's lack of response to customer service inquiries.

Regarding your sunglasses, our return policy allows for returns of items within one year of purchase, so unfortunately we would not be able to issue a refund/store credit for your glasses.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Given the fact that Luxotica does not respond like Native did, and further, that they don't even acknowledge that Native is one of their brands, i would suggest that REI no longer carry items from this company.  If you do, I would submit that you are going to have a long line of customers with complaints.

I would also hope that REI, with your huge buying power, would pressure Luxotica to ramp up their customer service and provide parts for those of us who are Very Unhappy with their lack of same.

Please forward this to your sunglass buyer.  i would like to have them respond as to how they might assist an almost 50 year member of REI like myself in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Highlighted

Now that luxottica took over, I will never buy native again. They suck compared to how native treated their customers. This luxottica is awful. Do not trust that you will get a lifetime warrantee on the same pair of glasses. The switched it on me. I had patrollers and the said they were out of stock and would not allow me to wait till they came back in stock. They offered me a cheaper style in stead. Not happy with these jokers. I would not buy anything from them again. 

Highlighted

@Ecamper @Yosh @HikerGuy @Dktiger @Jaredmichael 

We apologize that your experience with your Native sunglasses has fallen short of the service levels you expect. We have passed along your feedback and frustrations to our teams at REI as well as Native. If your sunglasses were purchased within the last year then they are covered by REI's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and you are welcome to return them to your local REI store or you can look at your options for returning by mail here. You can find more details about our Return Policy here.

We have confirmed that Native is a brand option for the Luxottica Customer Support portal. You must create an account and then click 'Create A Service Request' (not 'Buy Replacement Parts' as Native is not an option through that link). Follow the prompts (scanning proof of purchase and uploading photos of your sunglasses) to submit a warranty claim for your sunglasses. Additionally, we were told by Native that they have their 1-800-77NATIVE phone number staffed and available to answer questions. If you have an existing warranty claim (submitted via the steps above), you can call the Native Customer Care Center, choosing option 2 for a Native consumer, then 1 for warranty and repair, then 2 for warranty. That should take you to a customer agent, bearing in mind there will be an informational message before the agent option is offered.

Hopefully this helps get you some of the answers you are looking for. Your feedback has been heard and we are sorry this has been a frustrating experience.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Hi @REI-JohnJ .  I don't have any Native sunglasses, but I commend you on your efforts to try and help those that do with your thorough explanation on how to navigate Native/Luxottica's processes.

KUDOS!

Highlighted

Unfortunately, this process if of no use if you need a replacement part.  They do not sell replacement parts anymore.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That phone number doesn't work.  Too many numbers.

This number is on the Native Website (which I can't look at to see what other options are available to get a closer match because it is also down) -  1-888-77NATIVE, but also too many numbers.  What is going on?!

The process sucks vs. the Native process that I've done since I started buying Native 10 years ago or something, mainly for the warranty process.  You go through the warranty process and then they give you an "offer" that you have 2 days to respond to or it will be cancelled.  Why are they putting the pressure on me?  Then they're trying to replace my Haskills with a pair of women's glasses (Sixty-Six) that are lesser value by $80.   I write the email provide and they don't get back.  No phone number.  No chat session offered.  Then my offer expires and I have to resubmit.

greg

0 Likes
Highlighted

This process does not help those who need replacement parts.  It does not make sense to create a service request and send in my glasses when all I need is new nose pads.  Does Native still offer replacement parts?  Do they plan to start offering them?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Tried to get nose piece replacements from Native for a week. This is the email sent from Luxottica Warranty & Repair Service Center Oct 15, 2020. 

Response By Email (Kristy K) (10/15/2020 05:26 PM)
Hello Lenny,

Thank you for contacting Luxottica After Sales.

We apologize, Native used to offer some replacement parts. Since April 2020 when we began we have not had Native replacement parts available. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

We value you as our customer and want to ensure you receive the best possible care.

All new warranty evaluation claims must first be submitted online.

At this time receipts are just recommended for Costa and Native customers and are not required for coverage on manufacturing defects under warranty. 

Please visit https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/repair-program, to submit a warranty claim. Once here, you will be asked to register. This is a different registration from your costadelmar.com profile.

For the best experience, please use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Again, thank you for contacting us!  Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WVJ98XX
to complete a brief survey regarding your experience today. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Response By Email (Kristy K) (10/15/2020 05:26 PM)
Hello Lenny,

Thank you for contacting Luxottica After Sales.

We apologize, Native used to offer some replacement parts. Since April 2020 when we began we have not had Native replacement parts available. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

We value you as our customer and want to ensure you receive the best possible care.

All new warranty evaluation claims must first be submitted online.

At this time receipts are just recommended for Costa and Native customers and are not required for coverage on manufacturing defects under warranty. 

Please visit https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/repair-program, to submit a warranty claim. Once here, you will be asked to register. This is a different registration from your costadelmar.com profile.

For the best experience, please use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Again, thank you for contacting us!  Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WVJ98XX
to complete a brief survey regarding your experience today. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Luxottica Warranty & Repair Service Center
0 Likes
Featured