Highlighted

membership number

Our REI MasterCard was compromised; someone impersonating me telephoned the card issuer and attempted to change the address of record. The person had the name and card number, but did not have any other identifying information, so the issuer froze the account until they could contact me.  That information would've been available from the face of the card.

I was contacted and confirmed that the call was not me, nor authorized by me. Naturally, the account has been closed and a new card is being issued with a new account number.

That's not my question.

The face of the card also shows our membership number, which presumably this party now has. Is there anything to be concerned about there? I can't see how that information could harm me, but wanted to check.

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: membership number

Hi @johniver, thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

We suggest that you contact our Customer Service and REI Mastercard teams as they are best positioned to help you with your REI member number and Mastercard information.

Here is the associated contact information and suggested next steps:

• For your REI member number concern, give our Membership Service team a call at 1(800) 426-4840 ext. 3906
  • Follow up with the REI Mastercard Services team at 1 (877) 734-6060

Thanks again for reaching out, we hope this helps!

0 Likes
Featured