Highlighted

How will my dividend be refunded if I return the item that was purchased with it?

I'm about to make an online purchase of 1 item and use my dividend to pay for part of the purchase. If the item doesn't fit and I decide to return it, how will I be refunded? Will my dividend return or will I just be refunded the full price paid with no dividend returned to my account?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dividends and Returns

@mnp13 thanks for asking! If you end up needing to return the item, the dividend does not get reloaded - it instead gets returned to you as either a check to deposit in your bank account (if you return via the mail) or as a cash/credit card refund (if you return in store). Hope that helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@mnp13 thanks for asking! If you end up needing to return the item, the dividend does not get reloaded - it instead gets returned to you as either a check to deposit in your bank account (if you return via the mail) or as a cash/credit card refund (if you return in store). Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@REI-JenK Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I returned 2 items yesterday that I had bought online with my dividends. I was told the ONLY option was a store gift card. I want to redeem it for cash as I often do in July when that is possible. Usually, after the 4th, it is Ok to get the remaining dividends in cash. How will I do that with gift cards? I don't know that there are any items I need at REI for this year. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cahauke thanks for the question! This is a little complicated because it sounds like we refunded your dividend in the form of a gift card during your return and typically gift cards are not able to be cashed out. One upside is that gift cards do not expire, so you would be able to use it at any point in the future! If you want to discuss this further, we'd encourage you to reconnect with the local store where you processed your return, keeping in mind that they cannot currently do any cash transactions.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JenK Two questions:

When will stores use cash?

What is the date when dividends can be cashed in?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cahauke thanks for the follow-up questions.

1. We don't have a date, yet, for when stores will be able to distribute cash. We'll try to loop back to you here in the community when we have confirmation.
  2. Dividends are able to cashed out after July 1st, subject (of course) to the store's ability to distribute cash.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cahauke we wanted to circle back and let you know that our stores are again able to use cash for purchase and return transactions.

0 Likes